What is the PTO?
The Willow Lake Elementary PTO, (Parent Teacher Organization), is a non-profit volunteer group of parents and teachers created to support the staff, students and families of the Willow Lake Elementary School community.
What does the PTO do?
- Organize: We help with events where Willow Lake staff and teachers need parent involvement like Meet the Teacher Night, Book Fairs, Fall Festival, VIP Breakfast, etc.
- Fundraise & Fund: We award grants to teachers to fund projects that help them enhance our kids’ learning & experiences. We fundraise to support these grants via:
- General donations
- Spirit wear sales
- Dine-to-donate events,
- School supply kit sales,
- Community partnerships such as Kroger Community Rewards (PTO OF WILLOW LAKE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CO), Amazon Smile program (Parent Teacher Organization of Willow Lake Elementary), + Box Tops for Education (Willow Lake Elementary School)
- Other school events (Fall Festival, Spring Fling, Parents’ Night Out, Lunch Hour treat sales, etc.)
- Appreciate: We organize teacher & staff appreciation events to help our hard-working staff know how much we appreciate them.
- Enrichment: We work with school administration to bring enrichment programming in-school and after school.
Who can belong to the PTO? Membership is free! The only requirement is that you are a parent or guardian of a student who attends Willow Lake or a teacher of Willow Lake Elementary. You can participate as little or as much as you’d like.
PTO Officers serve one school year with elections taking place each April/May. If you are interested in serving on the PTO or have suggestions, please email our PTO President at WillowLakePTO@gmail.com.
2021-2022 PTO Executive Board Officers:
President – Patricia Cominsky
President Elect – Victoria Peterson
Recording Secretary – Anne Hayes
Treasurer – Nan Frient
Fundraising Liaison – Michelle Washington
Corresponding Secretary – Angie Mason
ESL Liaison – Paloma Alba Garcia
Teacher Representatives: Vanessa Frobese & Dawn Smith
We are busy planning and coordinating this year’s activities and we are looking for help and leads / chairs for these positions:
Spirit Wear Committee Co-Chairs: Open
Dine to Donate Committee Chair: Open
Teacher & Staff Appreciation Committee Chair: Open
VIP Breakfast Chair: Open
5th Grade Celebration Liaison: Open
Neighborhood Party Chairs (1/grade): Open
Lunch Hour Treats Chairs: Open
Parents Night Out Chairs: Open
How can I stay informed about PTO events & volunteer opportunities?
1. Social Media:
- ParentSquare – see our updates in the Willow Lake newsletter sent via ParentSquare
- PTO Presidents Newsletter – Watch for our quarterly PTO Newsletter!